Friday, May 4, 2012

The BIG 30!!

My dear husband just turned 30! When April came around Matt started to tell me how he DID NOT want to turn 30. I for one thought it was no big deal...turning 30..so what?? But to to him it was very sad to leave his twenties. Matt kept asking me "What is so great about turning 30?" Of course, at first, I would give him smart answers just to pick at him. But then I started to think about why I am not dreading turning 30 next year.... I AM SO HAPPY WITH MY LIFE!! I am married to the most awesome man and God made him just for me, I have the most amazing boys that I am completely in love with, I have  the best friends and family in the world and I am in love with Jesus more than I have ever been! Are you kidding me?? Who wouldnt want that?? In fact, a childhood friend of mine and I made a time capsule when we were 19. We wrote down what we were doing during that time and what we wanted by the time we were 30. Honestly, I cant remember exactly what mine says but I look forward to reading it!! So, I decided to get Matt a special gift to make the day more memorable. I made a reservation for him and his friend Kevin to fly a plane (with a pilot) at the Air Force Base the morning of his birthday. Matt was SO excited and had a blast, so did Kevin. And Matt got to fly the plane for a bit. He flew all over Charleston for about an hour and he is said it was amazing!! I of course asked him to take a picture and he didnt. Kevin did but I havent gotten one yet. But he had fun. Then we had a small party for him that night and here are the pics....
 Cade was SO excited to sing happy birthday. In fact, we have been singing to everyone he loves since then
 My mom got him carrot cake, his favorite.
                                                                  The Kinards

                                                  My amazing family of four!!!

I love you Matt!! You work so hard so that I can stay at home and raise our boys and I am so grateful. I get to do what I have always wanted to because of you!! You always love me no matter what and I am so blessed that God brought us together. I pray that our boys turn out to be as amazing as you!! I pray that your 30's are the best years of your life!!! I love you so much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment